Surrey Hills Physiotherapy Centre is now offering Telehealth Consultations. These appointments allow you to have a video consultation with your physiotherapist remotely.
These appointments can be useful for:
• Accessing care if you are in self isolation
• You prefer to stay at home and seek professional expertise
• Have your follow up appointments remotely if exercise prescription and activity modification guidelines are the main elements of your treatment.
Ring the clinic to arrange an appointment 9899 0399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private health funds are fast tracking access for members to tele-physiotherapy consultations while Australians’ movements are restricted by the COVID 19 pandemic. Several private health funds have agreed to provide benefits for individual (one on one) physiotherapy teleconsultations where:
- The customer is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the customer has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- for new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
pelvic floor muscle training,
The service is delivered before 30 September 2020, and the service is undertaken in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association guidelines.
Health funds will provide coverage for teleconsultations provided by physiotherapists from Tuesday 14 April 2020 subject to the conditions listed above.
Health fund members should check with their health fund to see if they will cover tele-physiotherapy consultations. Some funds may impose additional conditions.
Initially benefit payments will be on production of a receipt from the provider. Patients will have to pay the provider for the consultation and then claim the benefit through their health fund.